What type of maternity pants are most comfortable?

I want to order some pants I am not fitting in mine very well. What type is better the under or over? What size do I buy?  IS there a brand you think is good?

sierramagic

Asked by sierramagic at 8:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I REALLY like the full panel maternity jeans from Old Navy.  They have a size chart.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I love to wear anything from Motherhood Maternity. They have petite sizes too. Yay!
    VivianMag

Answer by VivianMag at 9:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I had ones that went under the belly and ones that went over, and ones that could fold and go either way. Those were my favorite. Sometimes my body would ache, and having it pulled all the way up felt so much better. Definitely my favorite way to go.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I liked the full panel by Motherhood. Motherhood has the ones with just the front panel and I liked those. I had a friend loan me a pair that had a panel that went all the way around the jeans, I didn't like that at all. Most of my younger friends were amazed at how "classy" my maternity jeans looked with a cute top to go out on the weekends. But I would go to a store and try on a few pair - some of my friends preferred the under the tummy ones. I tend to wear low cut jeans normally, but that just didn't feel right to me.

Answer by missanc at 9:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i liked overalls best. i tried so many jeans when i was pregant with the whole panel a partial panel under the belly they all drove me nuts every time i turned around i was pulling them up. at least with the overalls i wasnt constantly pulling up my pants.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• any pants from motherhood feels good. Old navy pants are usually huge not true to size
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I definitely prefer the full panel that goes all the way up to your boobs!!! I have Old Navy, Motherhood & Liz Lange (from Target). I have under belly ones from Gap, Motherhood & Target and they're ok with a BeBand or Bella Band. I honestly don't know how to size them as I lost a lot of weight (137 lbs) shortly before getting pregnant so I have no idea what size I would normally wear at this point had I not gotten pregnant. My maternity jeans range from 14-18 and L to XL. Some of the 14s are bigger than the XLs. I can attest to Old Navy pants (ALL of them, not just maternity) are almost always thinner through the thighs.
    Good luck and congrats!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• full panel is much more com,fy
    blueyedbadass

Answer by blueyedbadass at 10:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i actually still wear the same size i did before i got pregnant and im 34 weeks!! but at motherhood maternity they said you wear the same size in their clothes as you did before so if you were an XL in normal clothes you will be anXL in their clothes...but anything stretchy and baggy i love i dont like wearing jeans and khakis anymore cuz they still feel too restricting and find some comfy pj pants to wear at home..makes a lot of difference i promise
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would much rather wear the one's that go all the way over your belly. I am almost 35 weeks and have found the one's that go under your belly have been so uncomfortable this time!!! i never really noticed it with my first pregnancy but sure have with this one!!
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011