Will betadine work?

i have an infection in my ear lobe and i went to a tatto shop today and got some betadine. it should help kill the infection right? and should i take my ear ring out when i doctor it and put some betadine on the ring and then put it in my ear?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• Betadine is a good skin antiseptic as long as you aren't allergice to iodine (or shellfish). It would help prevent an infection. Some drawbacks...it stains the skin and clothing. It always delays healing because it is so caustic.. If the infection already exists you need to clean the area 3 times a day with hydrgen peroxide and apply antibiotic oinment like Bacitracin or Neosporin. If it progresses or does not respond after 3 days..see a Dr.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Also* not always. Healing can occur it is just much slower.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011