Deployment Present??

My husband is deploying in a few months and I can't figure out what to give him to have something he can hold and look at to remember us and to know that we love him so much.

two.under.two

Asked by two.under.two at 2:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• A collage of all that he holds dear. It doesn't have to be big. It can be folded and put in his pocket, and when he needs a dose of home, he can take it out and there is all of his memories. A letter from a child, a lovenote from you,any little thing that is special to you both.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• What about one of those digital photo keychains? Take lots of pictures of family and friends, the dog, or whatever he will want to remember.
    Cadreysmom

Answer by Cadreysmom at 2:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• i would suggest a photo that the two of you hold dear. my hubby carries a picture of us around in his pocket. when he has more time he goes back and reads some of our old letters. those are simple and easy to carry with him everywhere.
    birk

Answer by birk at 2:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I got a picture of me and my daughter lasered on a dog tag and he just wore it around his neck like his other dog tags. It's discreet and he thought it was hokey when I gave it to him but he ended up loving it as the deployment went on.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 3:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I have a good friend thats husband was deployed and what they did was they went and got matching bracellets for them and the kids and they always carried them ( the mom and kids and the dad when he could) until he came home she said it was like they were still altogeather and he had a piece of home
    momoftwogirls

Answer by momoftwogirls at 7:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My hubby is coming home from his deployment in 2 days. The day he left, I gave him one of my shirts, sprayed with his favorite of my perfumes, in a ziploc bag of course to keep the scent. I also gave him a little bottle of the perfume so he could smell and feel like he was with me. Our son wasn't born yet, but I gave him the ultrasound pics. After our son was born I was constantly sending pictures throughout the year he was gone.
    proud_ng_wife

Answer by proud_ng_wife at 12:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Laminate a picture of the 2 of you together, maybe from a vacation or even just from the Walmart photo place. Even better, a picture of the whole family together My husband spent 3 years away from us deployed and he was able to carry our picture with him all the time and laminating it protected it from the rain and sand and other nastiness our men have go go through. Also, regular care packages while he is deployed of his favorite things are great (my kids even used to pack him matchbox cars, LOL). I used to send my hubby a care package a month. By the 4th month I caught on and started sending enough for all his friends too. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2008