I think I'm losing it. What to do?!

I been cring for the last 3 hours. More so the last 20 minutes since the bf left to go out with friends. Which is an hour away. I just put my son to bed. I feel horrible. just about 8 months pregnant. We have gotten so much bad news about our daughter to be that i believe its playing a huge role in how im reacting. my bf even said im being over emotional. cause i took a simple night out and got myself the think there is more that will happen.... I dont know cause im not there. but either way, i am upset. why cant i be? why cant I be upset that we havent seen you all day and within thirtymin of you being home your showered and out the door?? I told him that if he is not home tonight then there will be a HUGE issue tomorrow, asked where he was going incase of an emergency and i never got an answer. I cant do this.. I think i just had myself a slight nervous break down. I dont wanna sleep but im tired. i wanna be sad but i dont.. i dont know wether to leave to a friends for a few days or stay. everytime I flip it seems like he has this way of making it seem like im just over reacting and there is no reason... could be talking out his ass,, ugh sorry for my uselesss rant im just so stressed out and even tho its not good to be... i cant hold it all in like he can.............................

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 9:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• What he is doing is NOT acceptable.  And downplaying your emotions is even worse.  You have the right to be upset and emotional and cry whenever you feel the need to.  Hugs!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• One kid already and another on the way. And a BF who isn't home with you cause he wants to go out and have fun. Well, I'd be pissed too. At 8 months pregnant he should be at home and want to be at home. Sorry you're going through this. You do need to try to get some sleep though. Being all emotional isn't going to help anyone. And he isn't going to sympathise with you either. So get some rest and start tomorrow fresh and new.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I guess I don't understand why he wouldn't give you any info on where he was going, unless it's with a group and he didn't know where they would end up.
    Does he have a cell phone that you could reach him at? if not, then I think he should have agreed to calling you once they got to where they were going just in case.
    I think you have a right to your feelings.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I agree, he should have skipped his night out because you were so emotional. Question, has he ever given you a reason for being the way you feel? have he ever cheated? Pregnancy is a time when we are all over the place with or emotions and it is also a time we need understanding of or better half. I wish I was there to make you laugh. I still remember all of my pregnancies and I am here if you need an ear. XOXOXOXO.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• thank you!!!! and since we moved an hour away he cant go out as much. just started working today. he says there is no point in getting overly upset with the baby cause its not good for me and we dont know much, all the testing they do might not help. she could be ok and so onl im like she not the entire reason. ur being inconsiderate by not seeing if maybe I would like to go.. its so complicated. im ready to get away for the week to be honest..
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'll probably be hated for it, but I'm going to side with the boyfriend. Is he going out every night and leaving you alone to go out with friends, or is it only on occasion? If it's only on occasion, then I see no problem with it. Yes, you are pregnant, and though you didn't elaborate, your fetus may have some problems. I think it's totally acceptable for him to need to go out and get his mind off of it. It's probably hard on him too, and men don't think they're allowed to cry like we women are when they're stressed or scared. This is probably his outlet right now. It's insensitive for him not to just say, "I need to get out of here and blow off some steam because I'm stressed about all the possibilities" and instead tell you that you're just over reacting, but men are emotionally dumb.

If he's going out and leaving you alone every night, then be as upset as you want. Because that would be totally wrong.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 10:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• group hug

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm sorry, but if you ask him where he is going and he doesn't answer that's a problem! You're pregnant and last time I checked pregnancy didn't just involve one person. So what if you're having a stressed out or emotional night. Pretty sure that bringing human life in the world gives you the right to be emotional at times. My husband was at home every night by my side cause he wanted to make things easier on me and yours should want to do the same.
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 2:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I agree with most of the previous answers. You are entitled to be upset. Pregnancy is an emotional time, especially if there's a threat for complications. I'm sure your boyfriend could use some time out to vent his frustrations and emotions. However, you have a right to know where he is going and a right to expect him to comfort you. You will "lose it" if you let him get to you. Your priority now is to take care of yourself and your children, born and unborn, with or without his help. Be strong; seek the advice and/or comfort from a good friend, your mom, whomever could help you get through the difficult times. By definition, as a woman, you can do this! Have faith in yourself! Good luck!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2011