Why is it so hard to meet other moms?

I am a SAHM to three children I have a five year old, three year old, and an almost two year old. My five and three year old attend preschool in the afternoon. Why is it so hard to meet other moms and kids?

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dont know.. but Im sorta in the same boat.. <3 good luck !
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Im in the same boat as well! I have ZERO mommy friends!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• same boat my 4 yo is in prek and ive only met 1 other parent from her class. and i was thinking when she started school that i would meet all of them and hopefully make a friend or two myself! yea not happening. a bit disappointed.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• LOL!  I have a 5 year old boy, 3 year old girl, and 16 month old girl!  And another boy on the way. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Check out Moms Day Out or playgroups in your area.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I am in the same but I work 40 hours a week so I guess maybe I just dont have the time , thats why Im thankful for cm , at least I can find some moms here , even if it is just virtual lol .
    mamahol

Answer by mamahol at 9:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Same here mine are a little older but same situation....The problem is that everyone is so busy now a days, I see moms with schedules for their kids....What happen to the old days where families came out side and socialized...Heck I have lived here for over 3 years and have no idea who my neighbors are..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Sorry to say some moms feel their too good to be bother with meeting others. Also, society has played a major role in the way we view people. We are told to be careful until we are scared to take the chance to meet people including moms. We hear about mothers killing their own kids, and worst. Sorry to say this issue is just getting worst rather than better.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't have any mommy friends either!
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Why not send out an invite to go home with the other kids in your son's preschool classes to meet for coffee somewhere while the kids are in school, or at a playground when they aren't. One of the other mom's in my 13 yo's preschool class did that and that's how I met my circle of "mommy friends" 10 years later they are my best friends and I don't know what I would do without them!
    - when they kids were getting out for summer break she sent home with us a "summer playground schedule" of dates and playgrounds where she would be all summer if anyone wanted to meet up. It was great!

Answer by missanc at 9:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011