I cant help but to worry! Am i worrying too much??

My fiance and i just bought us both cars, not brand new, a new washer and dryer ( we had to have) and he has been buying coins and stuff. So we are not struggling, but we dont have any extra money. I went to get my depression medicine today, and with my insurance it is supposed to be $20, it is $158 normally, and when i went to get it, they said it was going to be $108. And i didnt have the money to get it, and could not call my insurance company to ask what the hell was going on, and im super stressed about it. As bad as this sounds, i need it! I will live without it but it helps me with my mood, my attitude towards life, and my outlook on things. It also makes me much more calm. I just feel like im going to be super depressed without it because i havent felt dpresses since i have been on it. And i think that i might be thinking about it too much, which is making my anxiety even worse. Am i worrying to much or is this understandable?

arkelly2188

Asked by arkelly2188 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• A little of both I think.  I think that worrying about it will make it worse.  There is nothing that you can do about it right this second so focus your attention on something else. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I agree with MrsHouston, just focus in something else. When can you call the insurance??? Hope you'll be able to get your prescriptions soon.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• This is just my opinion, but I think that depression is a crock. it is all about "me". Years ago people all went through terrible times and they all survived with grace and gratitude and not one of them hid behind the "I'm depressed" card. Some of the new medicines are addictive and they are a flase coping ploy. Although many people want to believe that the "meds" make all of the difference. It is learning to accept life on lifes' terms that truely changes a person. Make due with what you have and get out of yourself. The problem is within and no medicine can cure that. It is up to each of us to have the thoughts, will and fight to make life what it needs to be. I have been through alot in life. I have people I know who have had far less problems and they become a victim of themselves for their lives. They want the free ride and an excuse for how bad their life is. I wish you the best. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• LeJane, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but holy crap. You just completely waved off thousands of people who don't have control over their moods and some who think every day that the world would be better if they weren't alive and said, "your imbalance doesn't exist". Wow. Just wow. I'm one of those people. Count yourself lucky that you've never spent weeks at a time wanting to cry or yell at anyone and everyone at the drop of a hat. Count yourself lucky that you have never sat in the shower and cried for no apparent reason so that no one else could hear you. Count yourself lucky that you've never made yourself bleed just block the mental pain. Count yourself very lucky that you've never lost someone you loved because of it.

To the OP, start a budget for yourself and your family so that this won't happen again. Coin collecting can be a very expensive hobby and you shouldn't be choosing between your
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 10:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ...meds and your husband's hobby. Set some limits so this doesn't happen again. Get your insurance company to fix the problem on Monday and then restart your meds- but be careful because you might have to start again by slowly getting your dose higher (depending on how high your dose is now).

Lots of luck. Try to relax for now. You should be fine until you can get it fixed Monday, but keep your mind on getting it fixed so that it won't happen again!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 10:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Thanks kittyhasclaws! And i loved your answer. I know how you feel. And i cant help it. I have a chemical imbalance that i cant help. I have never wanted to kill myself or anything, and yes, like i said i can live without the meds, we all could im sure, but they make things and life so much easier.
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Mine is a chemical imbalance as well. Mine is hereditary. I lost my brother when he went into the depressive state of his bipolar and he took his own life. It boggles my mind when people don't think there is a such thing as depression, but I also wish I could live in the bliss of not personally understanding it as well.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 10:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Same here babe.
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... the price went down... and if you knew it is normally $158, and it is now $108... were you hoping it would be the $20? Maybe you confused the Co-Pay with the prescription?

Our co-pay is $30 for most visits (E.R. is $500) and they barely cover drugs of any kinds, I passed over those Eppie shots/pens, and just hope I am never stung by a bee?!?! Hahahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• im positive its supposed to be $20. i called the insurace company last time n they said next time it would only be twenty
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2011