Mom's on the Depo shot

Have you gained weight? can you possibly gain 30lbs over two days??, or Gotten Crabbier? etc?
O.o if so how have you dealt with it??

spitfire06

Asked by spitfire06 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• The Depo Shot: The most evil birth control ever! I immediately had increased appetite and had my period for 5 months straight! I gained about 30 pounds with the 2 shots that I got and have gotten moody since coming off of it. I've just tried to use my "me" time to do some meditation and yoga. Seems to help.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Thank you for your opinion! It killed my period (thank god haha) but I seem more moody when I am on it.. i dont get it but maybe i should talk to a doc about it.. xD
    spitfire06

Comment by spitfire06 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i got on it after my 2nd child. nd i gained alot of weight! i never went back for my 2nd shot. i ate way too much cuz it reallly did increase my appetite nd all i wanted to eat was junk food!! i DO NOT recommend the depo shot.
    Dulce1023

Answer by Dulce1023 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• im on it now, have been since i had my dd in 2007, im told that i'm crabbier but i havent gained weight in fact i have lost quite a bit since i started using it. i also havent had a period since i started using it
    taz1993

Answer by taz1993 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ~*YES*~... I am on the Depo... gained weight when very first on it, but lost it months after, and wasn't no 30lbs.... hahaha

I've not had the monthly issue like other women since I had my son in April of 2007!!! ~*Amen*~... oh, and since hubby and I are bot fertile... no suprises
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011