Friends husband is very rude!

i met this girl while we were both pregnant and we became good friends (i think). now we both have one year olds who love eachother and we all seem to have a great time when we hang out.... until her husband comes home. he is very rude to me and i believe it is in an effort to make me hurry up and go home. i never stay very long after he gets home anyways (and half the time she comes to my house too so its not like i am always there) and she never sticks up for me to him. the other day he yelled at me for parking where he would have liked to have parked. i heard from a mutual friend of ours that he talks about me and my daughter behind our backs and that my friend occasionally joins in.... but it is all just so weird because i dont know what i could have done to upset my friends husband and she seems to have such a good time when we hang out.... sorry for my rant but i dont know if i should try to talk to her about it or just walk away... how would you girls react to someone having and issue with your husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Leave before he gets home. He's obviously a control freak and may be an abuser. Don't risk it. Just cut your visits short.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Him being that rude to you is ridiculous.  And to yell at you for something as silly as a parking space!  I would have told him to shove it.  Sorry but I would have.  That was totally uncalled for.  And for your friend to not say anything just gets me more peed off!  My hub and I have a rule, we don't say anything rude to each others friends even if we don't like them.  It's called respect.  Babes, I would make some new friends.  What things did you hear they were saying?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• She doesn't sound like much of a friend.

If my husband treated my friend rudely I would have a talk with him.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would for sure talk to her about it. i think it is a situation that needs to be addressed. If she is your friend and you are having an issue, you should tell her and she should understand. Plus, your children are somewhat in the middle yah know. i would just tell her how i feel not be rude about it, but tell her he is really rude and that you have heard that the both of them talk about you and your DD behind your back, and that is not very friendly at all.
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i only really have one other girl friend and she doesnt have kids yet so it makes it so hard because our kids get along really well, i heard that he said he doesnt like me or my daughter, im not sure why... he is never really around us....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i really do want to tell her that ive heard that she isnt very nice to me behind my back but i dont want to get the girl who told me in trouble with her and we only really have one friend in common....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't say anything about what the friend told you.  It can cause way too much drama.  I know that it's hard to make friends babe but obviously she isn't a GOOD friend. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. It'd be a cold day in hell before I'd let my husband treat one of my friends like crap, or talk smack about them behind their back. Can't she come over to your house to socialize so you can just skip seeing her douchebag husband altogether? Or maybe you two can meet in a public place like a children's indoor playground so your little ones can play for a while together while you socialize and then you don't have to worry about being at each other's houses.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i agree she doesn't seem like much of a friend.. but if you want to stay friends just for the kids sake then i suggest only having play dates at your house... so you dont have deal with the husband.. then again it would be hard for me not to say something to her about her running her mouth about me behind my back.. thats just childish..
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• He sounds very controlling and I would keep the play dates strictly at your house if thats feasible and when your friend does make the comment of you not having play dates at her house anymore then it would be a great time to bring up her husbands behavior towards you.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 11:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011