Is this normal?

Is it normal that i dont really have a lot of friends? I dont have children yet, but we are TTC. The ladies at work are my friends, but time at work is enough of them, and i have other friends but i never really wanna hang out with them or do anything with them. And everytime i get a new friend, i will hang out with them for about a month or so, and we will be best buddies, but then, i dont get tired of them, but i dont really wanna hang out or text or call them llike i used to. Is that normal? Also, a big part of it is a lot of girls my age still wanna go out to the bar and they are single, or unfaithful, and i am past that stage. I would rather stay home with my SO then go out with the girls.

arkelly2188

Asked by arkelly2188 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I have the same issue. At first were getting along fine but it will be something that hey do to make me try to disassociate myself from them. I partied like a rockstar until 31 and do not plan to do that ever again. I like my life now and would just like to have friends that are genuine. Sometimes I want to have ladies night but there is no ladies to invite. I am not into cheats and party girls it breeds negativity.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think it's harder to make friends if your not into partying and drinking. That has been my experience. That life was fun when I was doing it -- but I outgrew it -- and it seems some of my "friends" didnt!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• wow that sounds like me except i have one best friend that i always want to see
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 10:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It is just hard to be in your stage of life. You are not single but not tied down with kids. It will get easier when all your friends are married and TTC or with child.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ~*Sigh*~... sadly I feel the same way and end up facing the same situation! I am the type of person that will do the right thing just because it is the right thing to do... I am open and honest... I grew up and out of most stages I see people trying to all of a sudden re-live now... and I was popular in High School so I don't feel the need to live through my kids, we allow they to have their own lives and expiriences! Swear some of those women/parents are even hard to make friends with because they are either trying to live through their kids or they are using thier kids to sell their business to other parents??? I know our economy is down... but come on....

I tried everything to meet good/quality people... remember the Craigs List ad, where I quickly learned where you post isn't as important as how (married to BF), meetup.com, CM groups (local groups are dead), Yahoo groups, local functions like library... ~*Eeck*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i see alot of ppl like this ... i dont think its not normal everyones different. im home all the time.
    Evilfelly07

Answer by Evilfelly07 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think it's normal - so long as your happy. I've only remained in touch with one of my friends and even her we can go months without seeing each other or talking but when we do get together its like no time has gone by. I consider her family, I always have fun when we hang out but sometimes I just don't feel like doing things with friends. She has three kids of her own so sometimes even hanging out can get hectic with 5 little kids running around. Other people who I was once close with are more or less just acquaintances now.

momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 2:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Perhaps I too sail in the same boat or we can say people who think independently actually don't like too many people pushing themselves in their lives. I do have friends at my workplace but home is where I want my dearest ones to be there & not everyone & anyone to be having gala time....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 3:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Nothing abnormal about this. Some people are very comfortable in their own skin and are very comfortable being alone or being with only their SO. My dad was like this, several aunts were, and one of my sons is.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I don't have alot of friends--in fact I don't have any friends just acquaintances mostly alot of people are this way and are happy with it. If it doesn't bother you not having alot of friends then I wouldn't worry about it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2011