can I give my 8 month old ground beef?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if they have teeth.yes you can just kinda moosh it a bit so its more little piecees and it will be a little watery almost pureed but not excactly
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Age is not enough information for us to determine that for you, there's a lot more that needs to go into it! I'd say no, though, that seems pretty young!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• no, his digestive track can't handle that yet. He should be eating baby food, infant cereal, infant crackers, formula, breast milk, etc. Maybe at 12 months, but still check with a pedatrician.
    raydensmommy

Answer by raydensmommy at 12:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• why would you? yuck! stick with breast milk or formula, cereal, veggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think we waited until about 10 or 11 months for ground beef. My little guy loves it now. ( He's 13 months) I suppose you could give your baby a try and see how he/she does. Are you already feeding a lot of other table foods? If he/she is handling other table foods well, I'd give it a try otherwise wait until they have other softer easier to chew table foods down and then introduce it.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2008