Anybody have any Fiesta dinnerware?

Are these plates good for everyday use?

The dishes are made in WV and I live in WV. I am curious if they are just a local company or if they are popular all over the US....

Where, if you don't mid sharing, do you and your Fiesta dishes live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am in IN and I LOVE my Fiesta!!! My grandma had some of the original dishes which my mom now has displayed in a china cabinet in her living room. We have taken 3 trips to the factory in Newell and are planning another trip this June! I love going through the seconds room, most of the dishes are in really great condition and you can't find the mistake(s) that make them a second.  I just bought some individual pasta bowls from Macy's yesterday. My mil works in an antique mall and for my birthdays and Christmas she usually buys me a piece or two that she finds from there. For Christmas she gave me a large yellow mixing bowl, not sure if it's older or newer but I have it displayed on a shelf. She has also given me a white disk pitcher with Tweety painted on it and a black disk pitcher with pitchers and other fiestaware painted on the front. They are all displayed on top of my kitchen cabinets.  I LOVE my Fiesta!!
    Neon1980

Answer by Neon1980 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• They are popular EVERY where!!!
    I personally don't have any.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have a lot of Fiesta Ware dishes. They belonged to my grandmother, and she gave them to me a long time ago. Most of what i have are very old and i only display them, i do not use them. Don;t put them in a microwave - they have a metal alloy in them and are not for microwave use. There is a 'new' version of fiestaware out there that can be used for every day, and is sold in some major department stores. The old Fiesta is very collectible and very available here in PA.
    suijuris

Answer by suijuris at 9:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I thought they might be popular in other states. I just got back from a Fiesta store and got an out of this world deal. I bought $280.00 worth of dishes for less than a hundred bucks! I am beyond excited!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• We have a ton that were passed on to us from my husband's grandmother. Ours are at least 25 years old. We have our own dinnerware, but we still use them on occasion. We live in SC.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have at least 14 full sets and a bunch of accessories!! They belonged to my grandmother and my mother has at least a dozen more settings! Fiestaware is very durable, and "the look" is mismatched settings in a rainbow of colors. Colors become discontinued and some are very rare and highly sought after by collectors. I grew up in Massachusetts where there was a Fiesta factory outlet store, ans where I obtained first quality accessories and "filler" pieces. I now live in PA, and have considered taking a "road trip" to WV to visit the Fiesta store there!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2011