Can educators say no to a 3+ yrs old child use their bathroom?

I left with my girl  at 5.40pm, we were waiting for the car outside her daycare, she told me that she wanted to pee, she also told me that she could not hold,  so I went back to the daycare, asked one of the educators whether my child could use the washroom, educator said yes but I have to pay if I stay after 6pm, the other educator said she does not have the key. Both educators were not making any attempt to open the door so I left  the daycare to find another washroom in the campus premises. It was very cold winter evening. This is the campus daycare where I leave my precious child while I am taking courses. This is not a gas station. My child has been attending to this daycare since 19 months.

preshooler

Asked by preshooler at 9:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would be furious also, that was extremely freaking rude!  You'd have to pay if she was there after 6!  You were there with her! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• they can not do that it is against the law for anyone to tell anybody else they can not use a bathroom it is a BASIC human need
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Talk to the Director tomorrow

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It's not against the law.  Morality law yes.  Gas stations all over the place where I live don't let anyone use the bathrooms.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• they CAN do that because they did but the question is can they get away with it, and this is what you need to discuss with the director first thing monday morning. raise hell! you only have to pay after 6 if you are LATE picking up your child. sounds like those rude bitches just wanted to close up and go home. i know around here they wont even let you change your childs diaper when picking them up, they have to send them home with a clean one, so it should be no different for potty-trained kids right??
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• omg i would be pissed....you are there andthey are not wathcing your child....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

•  OP- That was SHITTY of the daycare providers. I used to work at a daycare on my college campus, and we'd have NEVER treated a parent like that.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Wow. I would speak with the director ASAP and file a complaint.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I agree that you need to talk to the director. Stay calm and direct. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2011