Advice Please?

My babygirl is 9 mos today :) But I really need some advice. For about 3 weeks she has been in a phase where I cannot pick up anything (i.e my phone, computer, food, etc) without her throwing a fit. Even if she was perfectly content previously. Its almost as if she has this jealousy of anything I do if it does not involve her. She is my only child, and nothing in our routine has changed lately, i still spend as much time with her as previously. Is this a natural pphase or something I need to be addressing?

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 10:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• involve her and engage her in whatever you are doing sound like an attention thing but I"d let her "win" by engagement
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have 5 children. And every one of them started acting this way around 9 months. Especially if I left their sight, to go into another room. It's just a phase, it has something to do with them not realizing you are coming back and not giving them your full attention. At 9 months they become more aware of their surroundings and what is going on. I would just say reassuring words like Mommy is right here, you are ok. It will pass..even though very frustrating right now.
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I agree with hoping 73.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Separation anxiety starts around this age, and that means if 100% of your attention isn't on them, something is wrong. It's a natural phase that most kids go through.
    BFab11

Answer by BFab11 at 4:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Use a sling or other carrier. Sooner than you think, she will pretend she doesn't know you when you are out in public

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011