Bed rest - how are you /your family handling it? Are you home or in the hospital?

I am 31 weeks and 2 days and trying to get to 36 weeks. I've been in the hospital for a month plus, staying until birth...not as easy as some might think!

Karmama

Asked by Karmama at 10:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• aww i know thats hard... i was on bed rest when i was pregnant but i was at home. i cant imagine being in the hospital that long.... i was on bed rest for 17 weeks and hospitalized twice but just for a couple of days. now i want to have another baby but im scared to go through it all again
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 10:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I honestly have no idea what would happen if my OB hospitalized me. First, my husband HAS to work because well, he's the one who works. Second, not only would we have no one to watch our son, but I'd miss him SO much!
    I give you a lot of credit! And I hope everything goes smoothly with your baby. Enjoy the time to rest...that's one thing I would NOT complain about. ;-)
    Good luck, sweetie!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Im on modified home bed rest. I am allowed up for 2 hours a day. SOOO..... the kids are in daycare (they were before anyhow), while DH works. I do most of my work at home now and my teachers give me my assignments to take home now. We hires a housekeeper to help out since hubby cant do it all.
    blueyedbadass

Answer by blueyedbadass at 10:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• How about a good book? I don't know if I could be on bed rest. I don't envy you and know it must be very difficult. You can do it, and your baby will be healthier for it. Good luck and my prayers are with you
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2011