Am i the only weird one who gets heartburn from wine?

GAH seriously! my bestie works at a wine store and since then has become a wine expert. she brought over a bottle of pinor noir (something like that) for herself last night and sangria for me because she knows i detest red wine -BLECK! anyway she begged me to atleast try hers, its her favorite brand and stuff - so i did, and instant heartburn as it went down. it doesnt last long but i definitely feel that burning sensation in my chest/throat. the sangria she brought me is a bit more winey than fruity so it gives me a bit of heartburn as well. why me! anyone else??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have reflux and have the same problem. I can not drink a lot of wine but when I do I start witha glass of water and then have water later too. it helps a lot.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It just might not agree with you. That has happened to me as well. You can try something else.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You got heartburn because you didn't share!  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• you could have a mild case of reflux....
    dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• it doesnt happen to me with beer, i can drink beer like its going out of style and not get any heartburn. it seems only red wines have that effect on me. it doesnt happen to my friend but she loves wine so much i doubt she would even notice if it did.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011