Are tattoos bad to show children?

my sister has an 8 year old son, and i showed him my angel wings on my back and now he said he wants one too. Now I am regretting it so show I get them removed for my children?

Young_Mama9

Asked by Young_Mama9 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I see nothing wrong with it. It is Art!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Nope my 4 yr old has seen mine on my back and she seems ok with it. She thinks someone colored on mommys back LOL
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• there is nothing wrong with tattoos...they can't get one until they are 18 anyways
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• not at all. my 4 & 2 year old like my tattoos too. thats to be expected though since they are of butterflies and flowers.. lol. and its not like they will be out there getting some before they turn 18 anyway.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My LO thinks I wrote letters on me. So no I don't necessarily think they are bad to show children, but I do want mine removed before my DD sees this for the rest of her life and mine. BTW I have been wanting to have mine removed since before I had my child, just never had the money to do so.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Depends on how you feel about tattoos. I don't have any, but my 9 yo saw one on our babysitter when she was 4 and thought it was beautiful - I was a little worried that she was going to want one, but she now feels about them like I do - not for me!

Answer by missanc at 10:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If it's a picture of naked women then yes it's bad.  :)  I don't have any tattoos but I wouldn't mind if someone showed their tattoo to my kids.  Even if they said they wanted one.  I agree with the above posters, wouldn't happen at their age anyways.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• kids will want anything they see, even when they don't know what it is...now, if she took your son to get a tattoo, then that would be a different story!! lol!! My sister has them too and my DD who is 2 1/2 just points and says "ewwww, bug!" (she has a ladybug on her hip)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I plan on getting a few more tatoos and I will just explain to her one day that each one means something to Mommy and they are an art form and a way of representing ones life.
    IzysMomma

Answer by IzysMomma at 11:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have one tattoo (and want several more). My daughters love to put the temporary ones on themselves, especially where mine is. They think it's fun to have us match. As long as it's not something vulgar, keep it if you want to. Tattoos are really common and your kids are going to see them being in public.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 11:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011