I am tired of being a "bad person" for how I feel and think!

I am a Christian SAHM with 1 son. I plan on being married to my husband until the day I die. I don't think abortion should be considered unless it is the last resort for you. For my body personally, I don't think it's for me at all. I believe in gov. helping the poor/needy, and I think they should also be trying to help them long term instead of right now. I personally don't really agree with most of President Obama's ideas (and I didn't like Bush either, so don't go there). I believe that health care should be a option for all Americans, but not mandatory. I think that right now, the gov. should be focusing on reducing the unemployment rate for all Americans (it's hard to survive on unemployment, we've had to do it before). And I also think that to get gov. assistance you should be drug tested (if you are using gov money to buy drugs, then you shouldn't be getting the money).
I'm not here to shove my opinions down your throat. I think that our opinions are what make each of us special and unique. Life would be boring if EVERYONE felt the same way about everything. So please share what you believe (or don't believe) because I would like to hear them!

PhoenixsMommy10

Asked by PhoenixsMommy10 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I found out recently that I don't believe in not taking your child to the dentist when they already have freaking cavities! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Be careful what you ask for. You may be opening Pandora's Box here. Some of the more "political" topics tend to get VERY heated, so I will stay out of this one.

The only thing I do want to say; however, is that you're only a "bad person" if you allow others to influence you and/or you care what others think. Be strong in your convictions and screw everyone else.
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 10:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I also believe that ANYONE who gets welfare should have to take a drug screen.  I don't know how bad it is in other towns but in my town people will literally come up to you and ask if you'll buy their foodstamps.  I believe in spanking.  I don't believe it's for everyone or every child but I do think if done right and not out of anger, it's a great tool.  That's just in my family though.  I don't follow politics at all, I think that they are all freaking liars anyways.  I don't think that you are a bad person and I think that more people should post things like this.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i disagree with some of the things you believe in. not going to discuss which and start an argument though. however, it doesnt make either of us bad. it makes us have different opinions.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I am a 100% with you OP...you are not bad at all for your thoughts. Thanks for sharing them:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think that our opinions are what make each of us special and unique.

You live in a country that allows your freedom to express your opinion and that is part and parcel of why many of us feel the urgent need to warn others that our country is slipping into unknown territory with the heavy debt load and the unsustainable spending. Your feelings are laudable and kind but you must realize that giving one a hand up instead of a forever handout is the right way to help the less fortunate. The government is not the creator of jobs nor of wealth. It is the confiscator of wealth through taxation. Do not look to the government to reduce unemployment but do ask the government to restrict regulations and reduce taxes that penalize hiring.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 11:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I believe our government should help the poor and needy. I believe social problems should be the LAST things to be considered as far as budget cuts are concerned. I am pro choice (even though I could never bring myself to have an abortion). I don't agree with the way Obama is spending money, but on the whole, I like him and what he stands for. I think it's great that his wife is tackling childhood obesity. Drug testing for public assistance is pointless in my opinion. First of all, there are people who are chemically-addicted who rely on services, and also, who is going to pay for all of these drug tests? It's like taking money from one tin can and placing it in another. Instead of targeting the consumers, why not target the health care professionals who trump up medical procedures so they can fraud the medicaid system?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I belive exactly the way you do!!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ~*Giggles*~... most people I encounter think just as you stated!!! Some are only willing to tell me in a PM (Private message), other are open than bashed, but for the most part I absolutely AGREE!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• *believe Sorry
    SWEETPEAS3MOM