does slim fast work without exercising? How would I lose 20lbs on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I know someone that just lost 20 pounds on the Special K diet, without any "added" excercise. She walks her dogs, but she always did, so no excercise change for her. She did it in about 2 months.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• No diet plan works without working out. All the diet pills and programs tell you that you need to work out in order to lose weight, it's generally put in the fine print but it's there. Even my friend who went in for liposuction was told by her doctor that while liposuction would take the pounds off it wasn't promised that it would make her body look great. The pounds might be off but she'd still look out of shape and lose so the Dr. recommended that she work out to tighten her muscles to give her the figure that she wanted. If you don't work out you may lose a few pounds due to a diet change but you might have to work to burn off the extra calories to lose 20 pounds... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS QUEST>
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 8:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• if you want to be toned then you have to work out. losing fat doesnt mean your going to gain muscle.
    Anonymous

• umm work out .. idk why people think you can diet but be lazy and lose weight .. im sorry thats just dumb
    Anonymous

wow how rude maybe she has a bad back and cant or something medical ......judgement thats just DUMB....good luck with your diet

Anonymous

• Losing weight is an attitude, not a diet. I would try weight watchers before sucumbing to Slim Fast. Learn how to recognize your hunger signals and eat in moderation and you will lose weight and never have to "diet" again.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have to say that I hate slim fast. I've always gained everything back that I've lost because it made me SOOO HUNGRY! In the last couple months I've cut out any white pasta, bread, etc. and switched to whole grain, started eating more veggies, and working out 5 days a week and I've lost a lot of weight.
    Anonymous

• Hmmmm, Slim Fast......the original is better for you because there is no aspartame or sucralose (now people are realizing Splenda is actually DDT) but a LOT of sugar....
    HoodiaGirl

Answer by HoodiaGirl at 7:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009