I don't want to start any arguments, I'm just curious....

For those of you who are against vaccinating can you explain to me why? I always thought it was BEST for your child but I have learned from being on cafemom there are MANY people who refuse to vaccinate. Would the doctors really inject your baby/child with something that is harmful to them. What are your reasons to vaccinate or your reasons to NOT vaccinate.
I choose to vaccinate to protect my children from harmful illnesses and diseases...

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• The risks associated with vaccination are lower than 1%. It's more dangerous to drive a car than it is to vaccinate.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• my children are vaccinated because i found that the benefits do outweigh the risks, in our case. every child is different though.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It is said that it can be a cause for autism, which I don't believe. I think that some people just think that the risk of getting sick is so low now that they don't need to worry, when in all actuality, the risk is low now due to decades of vaccines.
    blueyedbadass

Answer by blueyedbadass at 11:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Here we go..... :) you're gonna get an earful on this one...I got the same thing when I asked this question when my daughter was born. I'll say this...I think MANY people are educated on this, however, some are pushed into what to believe. I got it from both sides...I chose to vaccinate b/c I think the benefits outweigh the risks....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I can't speak for any other mom, only myself.  I vaccinate because I trust their Dr.  My children don't get EVERY vaccination but the ones the Dr says he recommends, they get. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Good question OP..guess I'll sit back and wait to here the answer to this myself. Why not do something that seems perfectly obvious to protect your child from illness??
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I BELIEVE IN SHOTS... I feel that they not only help build the immune system but prevent diseases that we have the technology to prevent. And considering we have diseases popping up because of those who have chosen not to, and foriegn travels, etc. .... my kids will survive and I have less worry of a funeral.

With that said, it is thanks to a single doctor that was published in JAMA, who later was rejected when his theory was proven wrong, than he publicly retracted his flawed studies.. where it has parents believing that shots cause autism... this is the "nu tshell" of it all

We import stuff from China that retards the people and children... cardboard in hamburger, lead toys, tainted pet food, tooth paste, and the list goes on... shots are not all made here either, and we shipped our tained vaccines to 3rd world countries because they can't afford them before we switched to egg based ones for ours here
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• there are always risks involved with virtually anything in life. there are risks involved with things as simple as sleeping or walking across the street. of course there are risks with vaccinations, they are not 100% safe. you never know what kind of reaction your kid is going to have when injected with foreign substances. when it comes to things that deal with your kids, its the mothers job to make sure she is making the right decision for her child as far as which route is safer.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• When you sign the paperwork to have your child vaccinated, read it.  It says on there the risks and the things that sometimes happen to children who are vaccinated.  This sounds rude but I don't mean it that way, only that I don't remember exactly what it said but that's where the risks are stated at.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I choose NOT to vaccinate because the risk do not outweight the benefits. My dd had a bad reaction to the Dtap as an infant as did my nephew. I will not put my kids at risk for being harmed again.
    Anonymous