Depression

Do you think depression is a mental condition or a spiritual lack in the spirit man?

ptomom678

Asked by ptomom678 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• a mental condition
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• A mental condition. I had a mental breakdown even though I had gotten baptised and was living life through God way. As a human we go through what we go through in order to get to the next stage in life. My belief nothing personal.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 11:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• HUH????
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 11:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Mental condition most likely casued by a chemical or hormonal imbalance leading to a mood disorder however it can also be the result of traumatic incidences of one's past. If one is finding difficulty in overcoming their depression my advice would be to talk to their doctor about their issues and get a referral to see a professional meantal health counselor.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Mental...problem is with depression is that it makes you feel like it is your fault when it comes to matters of faith. It can be hard to decipher at times.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Prove that man has a spirit.
    Then prove that a spirit can lack spirituality.

This question lacks intelligent content.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Oh and I find it highly irresponsible and dangerous to suggest to someone that suffers from depression that it is caused by them not being "religious" or "spiritual" enough. It neither helps them to overcome their depression but can actually lead to an increase in their depression or a mental breakdown as they try to "reason" with why they would be punished despite believing. While their faith might help them in conjunction with counseling and/or medication to overcome their ailment it can be harmful if used as the sole means of therapy itself or if they are told their "lack of belief" is the cause. 

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• What Kristi said.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think that mind body and spirit are interconnected and that depression can be caused by any of the 3, or partly by all 3 or even 2 out of 3...just depends on the person.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• There are two different types of depression. I. Physiological (brain not making electrical connections properly) and 2. Circumstantial. In the circumstantial type it could be the separation with God is the circumstances just like it could be divorce, death of a loved one, moving and leaving friends, etc.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011