UPDATE: My Dr actually said to me " you are too fat and you really need to lay off the Mcdonalds"

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/704786/My_DR_actually_said_to_me_you_are_too_fat_and_you_really_need_to_lay_off_the_Mcdonalds?cat_id=&order=&next=91 .

I would just like to make an "update" to it because I had so many "comments" on it....

So I finally found a new DR and I am so happy that I did... She is over an hour drive but definatly worth it....

Right after my first appt. she sent me for ALOT of blood work and tests and found out exaclty what was wrong... She told my my old DR was an idiot ( her words) and I should have never been ignored. There was alot of treatmeants that we went over, and I was put on a medication and it seems to of instantly help me ( it really only took about 3 days for me to notice a difference) ... of course the biggest difference was my weight ( I had other "symptoms" too but my weight was honestly the hardest to deal with) ..

well it has been a little over 3 weeks since starting the medicine and I have already lost 27 pounds... and that is without changing the way I eat or walking more ... Of course everything else just feels great too

I would also like to point out how mean it was for some posters to say some of the things they did...... For someone who IS on a diet and who IS walking 5 miles a week and still gains weight - that obviously means something is wrong ... and it just makes YOU look like an ass...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• WHOO HOOO!  I am so happy that you found a Dr. who actually LISTENED to you!  I'm happy that you have found out what the deal was and it's now under control!  Another WHOO HOO for you!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• woohoo I'm so glad you found a good doctor - and I agree your old one was an idiot (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I hate when doctors say stuff like that. It's like dentists who always assume you eat alot of candy just b/c you don't have great teeth.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm so glad for you.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• That is awesome that you found a doc to listen and treat the issue! Congrats
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Glad you Found someone that isnt an ass like your first Dr.. And Congrats on getting healthier
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• WOW!!! I cannot believe a Dr. said that to you!! And I am so amazed at how cruel people can be!! I am so happy you found a great Dr. A Dr. who actually cares enough about their patients to find out the CAUSE of the problem! Congrats on your weight loss and good luck on your journey to a healthy new lease on life!!!you rock

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• What did they diagnose you with? I had a similiar doctor's experience many years ago when I was experiencing a lot of weight gain and that was only one of the symptoms...it is 20 years later, and after many symptoms and illnesses including a bout of cancer, I finally have a diagnosis....I am glad you found a doctor who believed you....I went to many for many years, and have experienced a lot of cruelty from people who think they know more than they know...I'm so sorry about your experiences...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I also am very happy for you! Good for you! I send you great wishes on your mission to great health!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• First of all, thanks for the update, I was so pissed at your dr. when you first posted. I'm so glad you're doing better and you found a Dr. that could help you! Keep up the great work!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011