NO CUP!!!

My daughter is 10 months old and refuses to take a cup. Does anyone else have this problem? How can I help her use a cup?? Please help

etanert

Asked by etanert at 11:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whats the rush? She is only 10 months old. Let her do the bottle until she is ready to graduate. I had to try several kinds of sippy cups before I found one DD would take.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Our doctor is fussing at us a little bit because she isn't using a sippy cup yet. My son was using one at 8 months old and he's now 22 months old. We have 2 kinds but it seems like she doesn't like either. But we live in Germany and the PX here only has those 2 brands so I can't get to several different kinds like I would like too......
    etanert

Comment by etanert (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• All kids are different and I would honestly not worry about it. She will be drinking from a cup before she starts school. Enjoy her being little, it only happens once. And the doc should be more concerned with her physical well being rather than if she is drinking from a cup or a bottle. Good luck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Fill one will a little bit of water and let her play with it for a bit. Thats how I taught both of mine to drink from one, she will get the idea eventually, but I wouldn't be too worried she's still young. And maybe you could call a friend or family member in the US and have them send you some other types to see if that helps, my daughter refused to drink out of any of them except the soft top ones.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Hey it's okay. Your baby doesn't seem to like the style of a cup. Instead provide her a sipper. It might work. If that too doesn't work then for first few weeks put the liquids in an open mouthed bowl and give your baby a spoon to play with it. You too can have from the same bowl. Babies love to imitate moms. Hence this trick might work....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 3:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Give the one you like to her and let her manipulate it and experiment with it. It takes awhile. The little guy I take care of didn't get the hang of it until 12 months or so and he was experimenting with it for over three weeks. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2011