Which is better

after i have my baby in march i want to go on birth control for a while because i do not want to be like my best friend and get pregnant six months after having my first...what is the best birth control in your opinion..there are so many choices to think about and different reactions to all of them

ahsot1230

Asked by ahsot1230 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would pick something that would free me up from taking a pill daily - a depo shot or mirena or something like that.

Good luck and congrats on your little one!! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 12:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It depends. If you're planning on breastfeeding, you should probably stay away from hormonal birth control because it can negatively impact supply. Otherwise, it's whatever you're comfortable with. As a breastfeeding mother, I just use condoms and NFP, and that works for us. After my daughter weans, I'll probably go back to the pill, just because I, personally, am not comfortable with any hormonal treatment that's more long-term than a day.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• After I had my first child I chose to take the depo it affected my weight and then I got pregnant with my 2nd child I am now on the pill and love it
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2011