Is it normal to have early contractions at 32 weeks pregnant?

Heres the thing have been having false labor contractions i hope the last 2 days off and on, went to the hospital last night cause the contractions were coming every 12 minutes.. The nurse there called my doctor 2 see about giving me a drug that helps stop preterm labor, the nurse came back and told me that my doctor said i didnt need it.. But to be honest i think i should of gotten it cause im still having them.. What should i do?

Mommy2Be19890

Asked by Mommy2Be19890 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How would your Dr. know by a phone call that you weren't in labor?  That sounds suspicious to me to start with.  If you honestly believe that you are in labor, go back and tell them that you want the shot, period.  You are in charge of your health babe, exercise that right.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i would go back to the hospital and refuse to leave until they could prove to you you dont need the medication...and then monday i would call my dr and ask why he would say that without even checking you to see what was going on
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've been experiencing the same thing but I think it's just false labor. I'm not worried, but go with your gut. Better safe than sorry. Good luck and keep us posted.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011