Did this happen to anyone else

did anyone else have the thought on what they were going to do after having a baby when they were on maternity leave...i have just recently at 34 weeks began stressing over what is going to happen with me and my husband financially while im out of work...maybe its just my hormones idk

ahsot1230

Asked by ahsot1230 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• im sorry, it will all work out. i know this because first of all you have a husband and right there is someone who can help. also when i quite my job i really learned how to earn money just by talking to people and doing my own business to survive. if you have one skill whatsoever (which im sure you have many) then there you go, you can sell your services and advertise for free online. i was only 18 when i had my own business. now im 22 and youd be surprised what it means to hit rock bottom. it means motivation to survive. hope that helps, just try to focus on your health and excersize to lower stress levels so that you are happy :)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 12:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Ummm. Didn't you plan for this before getting pregnant?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You need not stress over. However cut down on your spendings considerably. Buy only the essential items & ask your man to do the same. Like this you will be able to save considerably & not have tough time during your maternity leave...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:53 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I didn't have to worry about it - I had 100% pay at work for the 6 weeks i was off. Good luck.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 1:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Not really, because we knew my pay would be cut by 1/3 so we just budgeted differently. And truthfully, we didn't go out much because we had a new baby, so we didn't spend as much money.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My time off was with 100% pay because I had enough time in with my company (this was before there was a Family Leave Act). It'll work out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• wow you were all lucky..im asst manager at my store full time for 3 years and my husband is unemployed....gotta love floods and the babies they bring lol but we get no pay for maternity leave at all
    ahsot1230

Comment by ahsot1230 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I do remember panicking a little bit, because I was only getting half of my pay while I was on Maternity Leave and I only worked part time. It all ended up working out. My DH got promoted just before my Maternity Leave ended and I was able to become a Stay at Home Mom! I now work from home to help us out financially and I love it! It will all work out for you. Just try to watch your spending.

Best Wishes!

www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2011