Just venting a little...

I try to be ok with my fiance going out and shooting pool in his league. He has not been going out as much lately, but after he is gone for about 3 hours, it start to get irritated. I think 3 hours is enough, but i dont wanna say anything because he has cut back on going out and shooting pool a lot and i dont wanna seem bipolar because im ok with him going and then get irritated because he stays gone for a while. i see his side and my side of it, but he doesnt like me going out unless it is to dinner or a movie or shopping or something of that nature, and if i were to be gone for 3-4 hours he would be asking me what the hell i was doing or when i was coming home etc..... like i said, this is just me venting. Suggestions and opinions are more than welcome though

arkelly2188

Asked by arkelly2188 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Well...pool leage...if it's anything like the pool league around here...it's probably gonna take all of three hours and then some! Relax, take the time he's gone to do something for yourself, or do something really sweet to surprise him when he gets home...he might want to make sure and get home asap then.
    Pip-Squeek

Answer by Pip-Squeek at 3:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You should be thankful that he cut back on his time with his friends. You did something right. Maybe he associates pool with being with his buddies. Why don't you suggest doing something like bowling, or going to a movie, or even Putt-Putt. Alot of women's husband complain that their husbands don't listen to their suggestions. You really got lucky.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it sometimes guys are on their own time when they go hang out I Wouldn't take it personal maybe on the nights he goes out you can plan for a girls night have some friends come over for drinks and gossip

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• One of thes days, after you've been married 28 years you'll be begging for him to go somewhere, lol But, I understand, he should be respectful of you and not demand you be on the clock when he's not. Have fun with yor friends while he's gone. What you're feeling is normal so don't call yourself bipolar.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• join a women's pool league at a different place. He will understand as he enjoys his league and would only want you to experience the same joy as he does!
    kbutts

Answer by kbutts at 3:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Well venting is good, I have been on here venting for 2 weeks..lol makes you feel better and give you idea's as well. Now what I would do is talk to him and say lets compamise, if your going to be gone with your buddies for 3 hours and I ask no questions then I should be able to be gone with my friends, mom etc for the same time without questions,Fair is Fair and if he disagrees then tell him you have problems with him being gone for so long and actually your both equal he is not better than you and if he wants to know where you are than you have the right to know where he is.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2011