blood in diaper.

I just changed my 9m olds diaper and I looked on the wipe and there was blood What would cause this? I am scared should I take her to the er?

robinalbright

Asked by robinalbright at 8:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG people do you have to keep saying shit to this poor woman about her child being sexually abused, for pete's sake you don't even know her or her friends and family or who she hangs out with so I think you are out of place to scare her lioke that. To the OP I am guessing it was from a hard stool but I would take her to the doctor and have them look and make sure it isn't something like an infection or anytrhing.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 2:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• was it from her but from a poop?
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i meant butt?
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would have her Dr. paged. Then go from there. Its prob nothing but you need to be sure GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• butt.. After I wiped all of the poop away I wiped again and she was still bleeding
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• you should call the dr..
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• either shes seriously constipated or shes been sexually abused threw her butt:(
    Anonymous

• dont let people freak you out if it was just a couple blood spots then it was probably from a big poop. but if it was excessive bleeding like gushing out then call her doctor or you can call the er
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I do not appriaciate that comment. you are sick who thinks that way

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If it were me, I'd call my insurance company's nurse's line and ask them about it. Are we talking about a little bit of blood? Like from raw skin? Or was it coming out of the inside of her butt in drops? A really bad diaper rash can cause some bleeding, or she could have an anal fissure or potentially a urinary tract or bowel infection. There are a lot of little nothings it could be, so don't worry too much, but I'd talk to a professional about it. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2008