Would you consider these discouraging words?

If your mother and husband told you they had concerns about you going to school, because you start things and don't finish, and you aren't very punctual?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I would consider these discouraging words...I would also consider the words and look for the truth in them because it may be that they are actually trying to encourage me to change those things about myself rather than discourage me from going to college....sometimes the people we love go at things in a negative way, meaning well.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Those are very discouraging but I would totally get my butt in gear just to prove them wrong

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It makes me doubt myself...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• That's your first mistake right there.  Inside your head, tell them to kiss your ass.  If this is what you want to do, do it!  And do it FULL FORCE!  Prove them wrong!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yep!
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ...I'm sorry what they said.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You should listen. It is probably true.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 2:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would definitely consider these words. They aren't meant to discourage, they should be received as more like criticism. They don't mean to discourage, they are probably just pointing out things that may hinder you should you decide to go back to school. It costs a lot of money, which you will have to pay back, whether or not you finish the course. Why spend all that money if you get partway through and just decide it isn't for you? And being on time is important. Some professors will not allow you to enter their classroom once class has begun. These are all things you MUST consider when you are thinking about returning to school. What are you looking to study? How long will it take? Is it something you LOVE and will want to do for the rest of your life? Gotta think about that, too.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If they were said in an honest discussion of what going to school would be like, the committment involved, etc then I would take it as constructive criticism to make me think about being serious about going. If it was said in a cavalier way and to not to be helpful then I would find them very discouraging. Think about if the comments are true about your personality and work on changing things. I wish you all the best if you go.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I won't take it as discouraging. I would take it as constructive criticism and work to make it not my weakness. Truths are sometimes harsh, but embrace it and make it a past fact. Go to school, finish it and be on time. It is called making a commitment. You can do it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011