What is the craziest/scariest thing your childs ever ate/put in mouth?

I have a 3 year old daughter named Zoey.

& tonight when I got home from work, she was crying b/c her foot was cut on the bottom. She didn't want a bandaid, she wanted an Ice Pack (the kind with gel in the inside & not just water) it was one that came with a diaper bag I had bought when she was a baby to keep her bottles cold when we were out. So, I gave it to her in a towel. I thought she was laying down with it on her foot watching Wow Wow Wubzy & I go in & she ripped it open with her teeth eating the inside which she thought was Ice ( she loves Ice). I freaked out, I thought OMG, CHEMICALS ! It said keep out of reach of children, not intended for human consumption! I immediatly called poison control & He asked me to read what it said on it. & I felt so dumb, it said in bold letter NON TOXIC. lol but still I'm glad I called...

Also, 2 days before her 1st birthday, we were in Disney World at our hotel & she found a penny under the bed & put it in her mouth & choked ! Her face turned purple, She was choking for about 45 secs. ( felt like an hour!!!) But I didnt relize right away b/c I was talking to my gmom & she turned around face looking like a plum (so purple) the 1st thought was OMG, what if I can't get it out. She looked at me like MOM GET THIS OUT! The 1st time I pushed it deeper in her throat the 2nd time I stuck my finger down there & scooped it out so hard it flung across the room ! It was the Scariest thing I've ever expierienced !!

What about you ladies?

ZoeyMariah.

Asked by ZoeyMariah. at 12:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• My little cousin choked on a sucker and couldnt breath i had to stick my fingers down his throoat to make the sucker come out it was gross but glad i did it and he was okay i was scared shitless
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I know my thought process IMMEDIATLY goes to OMG, WHAT IF I CAN'T GET THIS OUT !!! that's why I am now proudly CPR certified ! lol but I still panic ! lol.
    ZoeyMariah.

Comment by ZoeyMariah. (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• To me it seems that my son hasn't grown up. Even today he can put anything in his mouth thinking it is a litter box........
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i know exactly what you mean about how scary the choking can be!! =(

my daughter was about 2 and we were sitting on the porch quietly, enjoying the weather because it was HOT inside the house. she was munching on m&m's w/ peanuts. she thought something was funny, so she threw her head back to laugh while the m&m was in her mouth. it got stuck in her throat & she started choking! i freaked out and tried to pat hardly on her back, hoping she'd cough it out because i was afraid i'd push it in. but it didn't work. so i stuck my fingers in her throat & pushed it in! omg i paniced but knew i had to get it out, so i went back in & got it! omg it was the scariest moment of my life. =(
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My daughter is 3 and use to love putting stuff in her mouth. Last time (at 3)I left a cough drop on my night stand and she took it and swallowed it by accident. I almost freaked out! I tend to overreact and was scared it was going to get stuck and not move and cause her to choke. So I called the after hours # for her pediatrician and they were like if she is breathing ok then she is ok and the cough drop will dissolve. LOL I was too scared to even think that it will dissolve.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• my daughter took a pen with a battery apart at about 4 years of age , i was saying bye to her dad in the living room , she walked in grabbed it snuck it out into her bedroom , we had just moved into the house. she swallowed the battery. she had to go to the er for x rays and they said it went down so far not to worry but i had to go back in a week for anther x ray to see if she passed if not it was going to be surgery for her. thank God she passed it.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• KAYGIA704 : LOL, I know after her choking scare with the penny, ANYTHING she ate that she even gagged on I wouldn't let her have anymore ( TALK ABOUT OVERREACTING !) but, she was eating dry cereal in a bag while walking around while I was upstairs peeing lol & I heard her coughing, So I ran down stair & without hesitation I grabbed her leg & flung her upside down while banging on her back ! she immediatly started crying in shock b/c it happend to fast, when I put her down she looked at me like I had 5 heads, b/c she didn't even have ANYTHING in her mouth ! lol, she was just coughing, I felt SOOO bad.
    ZoeyMariah.

Comment by ZoeyMariah. (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2011