Is it ok to take benadryl while im pregnant?..

im 10 weeks pregnant. i have allergies and sometimes my eyes get itchy so i take benadryl i hav taken it a few times . yesterday i had to take it and im taking it again tonight bc i need it bc sometimes my eyes get real itchy and used to swell up but now i try to avoid that by taking benadryl. do you think its ok? or will it hurt the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I dont think you should. JMO
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• you can take childrens benadryl as a precaution..i had a sinus infection twice early on in my pregnancy and childrens benadryl helped me out a lot...its the red one for allergies not the clear one...i have really bad allergies myself and it did a world of good just remember even though its childrens it will still knock you out lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Hey gal it's best to seek your doctor's advice..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Benadryl is fine.
    BFab11

Answer by BFab11 at 4:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My midwife specifically told me if I was having trouble sleeping to go ahead and take a benadryl. So I suppose if you're only taking it as prescribed it shouldn't be a problem.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:39 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Its ok to take childrens benadryl I know that.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 2:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I take children's benedryl and I like it even more than the original. I don't get a jittery. I've heard that psuedophed is ok too but I wouldn't take it because it has acetaminophen. Good luck, get feeling better.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011