Would you get married if you didn't plan on ever having kids?

if so, why?

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 12:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, but only if he didn´t want children, either... and I would have that conversation before getting married. (I´ve known cases when éach of the spouses thought their position "was understood")
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 1:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Marrige doesn't mean kids - marriage means you want to stay with your soulmate.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 12:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Only to a person who didn't want to have kids. I knew someone once who with her husband decided that they didn't want kids at all. Which is kind of funny since their favorite pasttime was going to Disneyland every year--on season passes.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I did! lol. My Husband and I wanted further express Our Love for each other by taking Our Vows. Our Son wasn't planned, but He was THE best Suprise and Gift ever - and totally meant to be!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Of course. Marriage is about a commitment to another person, not a promise to breed.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yes, i'd still get married. i've always been a fan of romance. even if i didn't want kids, i'd still want the beautiful white wedding. maybe i'd want the wedding more than the marriage though. =P
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Only if I needed the health insurance!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If we were both in agreement yes but if not no
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• wanted to* ~ my bad. ;D
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes. Although i plan on having children ( im TTC now) i think that its when you find that special someone who you dont wanna licfe without and you love with all of your heart, and want to be one with them, and many more things, that is why you get married. Not for the sake of having children. I think that you can be a family without children, but i also thing children are a blessing. i know a few people who are married who do nt want kids.
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2011