Have anyone had to cut off their family member that they love dearly?

My older sister was once the love of my life. We stop speaking about 4 years ago when my oldest daughter wanted to move to Georgia to be closer to me and her sibblings. I guess she took it hard and blamed me for her change in moving to Georgia. Last year on my birthday I called her crying and asking for her forgiveness. Even though I never understood what I wanted forgiveness for I still thought I needed her in my life. She coldly told me that she is still hurt and don't know when she will get over it. She has turned a Seven Days Adventist over seven years and still acted funny when I was on vacation in New York a few months ago. I rather not deal with her ever again so now I am not will to recipicate a relationship in the future.

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 12:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• The hardest part is cutting the cord... So to speak. But if you have good reason to cut them out, you will feel better in a little bit. With time, you will see how much better life is without the negative people in it :)
    You only have one life, make it a happy one.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm not sure if, after a lifetime of verbal, emotional, and psychological abuse, he's a loved one, but I've recently had to cut my father out of my life. I am a much happier person without the constant CRAP from him. Of all my family I really only talk to one cousin; the rest have their noses too far in the air towards me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... and it is hard!!! But sadly some people are just not capable of the role they were born into.... take it one day at a time, and don't stew over it, continue to L~I~V~E
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I never been in this predicament but at the end of the day family is all you have it sucks that your going through this I hope you figure things out and you guys are able to let the past be the past and move on

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've considered it but can't bring myself to do it
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes..my bio dad. Because of my bio mother, I couldn't see him - and he didn't even want to see me because she has him wound so tight. I stopped speaking to him because it hurt too much.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• YES- as hard as it was; i cut my Mom out of my life 5 Years ago in January- Sorry you are going through this-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have had to distance myself from people I loved because of an unhealthy relationship that was not going to get better...it's sad, but needed to be done...I'm sorry for you and your sis, but I understand why you would do this...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It is hard when you have to cut people out of your especially your family members. But, once you have done so you might find peace with one self. XOXO and a big hug for you and the kids.
    scmedicalasst

Answer by scmedicalasst at 2:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yes...only when i decided that it was unhealthy for both of us as my family member seems to easily get angered with me. (we are a lot alike) For his well being and mine, I will love him from a distance and truly wish him the best of life. I will even donate a kidney or whatever....no hard feelings.
    kbutts

Answer by kbutts at 3:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011