38 weeks Braxton hicks and Breasts leaking more than ever before ??

Hi I am a first time nervous mum trying not to be panicky parent. I have had a false labour already a few weeks ago and several nights of braxton hicks over the last few weeks,they are getting more painful, i feel a lot in my back and My baby is still lying posterior. Could this be a sign that the real thing isnt far away??

Alishia F.

Asked by Alishia F. at 1:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was just talking to my best friend about this tonight i am almost 35 weeks and havent been able to tell if i am having braxton hicks or not...she said she had them with both her daughters who are 1 and 3 months...she said if they are lower in your belly and in your back and less in the middle then they are real contractions so i would monitor them closely and at 38 weeks you are almost ready:) congratulations
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• oh wo hoo , thankyou. Yeah they are lower down in the pelvis , they build up like incredibly painful pressure down there and then you can watch the tummy contract. So I suppose I have to wait for them to get closer together before I call my midwife but hey >'?
    Alishia F.

Comment by Alishia F. (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Chances are you are experience the real deal or a closer version of the real thing. The more pain and pressure you experience the more real the labor is. I had BH and preterm labor with my second child and the difference between the false and the true, was pressure and pain.

Good luck you are almost there!!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Sounds like it's getting close to me. So exciting, good luck!
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2011