Hi, I'm new to this site! I am a 24 year old female and my fiancé and I r ttc. I am now a week late for my period but, my periods are not normal so that's not a surprise. I recently have experienced my cervical mucus came out looking like thick, clear, stretchy, non smelling snot! Is there any explanation for this? Am I fertile or is this an early sign of pregnancy? Thank u in advance 2 anyone who answers!!! adult content

I have taken 1 pregnancy test so far and it was negative...

Mordecai2012

Asked by Mordecai2012 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• That mucus is a sign of fertilization, not pregnancy. But it is a good sign if you are TTC, just doesn't mean you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Thanks!!!
    Mordecai2012

Comment by Mordecai2012 (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm not a pregnancy expert so I can't help you there. First of all Welcome to cafemom! When you post a question put it in the main box and start your question with something like- I need advise, please help, then move the main question in the big box. I hope this helps.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Lol, it does...thanks!!!
    Mordecai2012

Comment by Mordecai2012 (original poster) at 3:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Best to set up an appointment in the doctor so you can get more information.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Mordecal I hope you didn't think I was rude, I did the same thing when I first started. If you ever need help with cafemom just ask.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 3:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The snot is egg white cervical mucus (EWCM), the most fertile type, meaning sperm can live the longest in it. This usually happen around ovulation but some women can have it more than once in a cycle.  This is a good sign.  I would wait about 2 week after EWCM to test for pregnancy if you are not sure when you should be getting AF (period).

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Thanks Kathy!
    Mordecai2012

Comment by Mordecai2012 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Thank u Gracie!
    Mordecai2012

Comment by Mordecai2012 (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'm now 1 1/2 weeks late with no sign of it coming. I'm always tired but idk if it's lack of sleep or pregnancy. My period was suppose 2 come on feb 14th. When should I take a test? I'm nerves about taking it, we really don't want a negative result...
    Mordecai2012

Comment by Mordecai2012 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011