If new in town, how or where do you find a nanny for your toddler????

I just move with my daughter to a small town, that we have been before but just for short time, anyway, the thing is, we are staying longer and I have no idea where to find someone to watch my daughter since I find myself in the need to go out to places that I can't take her. I am currently not working, am on the search, but need that time though. Any suggestions??? please!!!

annetemm

Asked by annetemm at 2:15 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Day care? Babysitter? Why a nanny?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Look up an agency
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 2:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If you're near a college you could print flyers and put up a few. Or even talk with someone in student services to see what they reccommend. You can also place an ad in the newspaper or up on your local clasified site (for utah it's ksl.com). You can also just go to your phonebook and look them up. Or join the cafemom group for your local area and ask the moms on there what they reccommend or if one of them might be willing to do it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You could use localsalesnetwork.com, thats where I have my adds at and i baby sit a lot for ppl on there. You could use sittercity.com they are, as you see only for babysitting, nanny, petsitting, and elderly sitting. Good luck
    KailesMommy

Answer by KailesMommy at 3:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• try care.com and sittercity.com. I got my childcare jobs through those sites. Keep in contact only through the site until you think there might be a match. Do not give out personal info and phone numbers until you have had several contacts with the person and meet in a public place for the first time. They are reliable sites but you still need to exercise caution. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• A good place to check also is he Red Cross the usually have a list of baby sitters who have taken a class on first aide and child care!
    Sweetmami07

Answer by Sweetmami07 at 7:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011