What are the best convertable Carseats on the Market!

My 11month old has out grown his infant carrier in lenght and I am in search of a replacement convertable carseat that way he is still able to face rear for a while! If you could give me any ideas I would great appreciate it. My Budget is $250 because I also have to buy my 4 year old a new carseat!

Sweetmami07

Asked by Sweetmami07 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• The britax one is apparently really good. So are the graco ones which you can find just about everywhere.
    I know this isn't a popular opinion but you might try some place like Kid to Kid and see if you can't get a slightly used one at a discount so you can get a better one.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• A myride 65 is good. It will run you 150 on average and rear faces to 40lbs and I'm wanting to say 38" I know I can get like another half inch out of my 3 year old rear facing. A radian you might have to order online but you can find them for about 220$. They rear face to 45lbs and 53" and forwards face to 85lbs. They are also the only carseat that can go 3 to a back seat which is great if you have little kids and small vehicle.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 2:53 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I only use Britax and Graco. If you are looking to save some money, right now at Babies "R" Us, they are having a trade-in special on carseats. You turn in your old carseat and they give you a significant amount off on your new carseat purchase. You could do it for both kidss' seats :-) It's also on strollers, highchairs, cribs and I think play yards.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Britax and Recaro are the best rated for safety, and are considered pretty much in line with each other. We have a Recaro Como, and we got a good deal on it. Look online for what you're looking for, always a better price! We're very happy with the Como, and it even fit rear facing in my old Honda Civic Coupe!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• There's also the Cosco Scenera, which gets good safety ratings, and is cheap! It's available at Target. We have one for each of the grandparents.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I LOVE my Sunshine Kids Radian XT SL. It allows rear facing until 45 lbs (I'm keeping my son RF as long as possible) and forward facing until 80 lbs. It's so easy to install, takes less than a minute. I highly recommend it!
    BFab11

Answer by BFab11 at 4:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Complete Air 65, Graco My Ride 65, First Years True Fit.

Scenera IS a good seat, but is completely outgrown, both RF and FF, at 40 lbs, so it won't last too long.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The Nautilus is not convertible. It does not RF. It's FF harness, belt positioning booster, and backless booster. It IS a great FF only seat though, IMO.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We have the Evenflo Triumph Advance 65

http://carseatblog.com/carseatblogcoms-recommended-car-seats/
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• A vote down for correct information? I'll say it again. The Graco Nautilus does NOT rear face, therefore is NOT a convertible car seat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2011