Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

It's Finally Over... (Language) adult content

So, after six months post divorce of still living with and putting up with my ex-husband...I think my hell is finally coming to an end...I hope....but I'm really frustrated!!! He finally left last night, as we can not get along under the same roof- and lets face it- we never really did....the marriage was absolute hell. I knew he was pissed when he left the house and I know how violent he I didn't sleep. He showed back up at my doorstep this morning...said he needed to grab a few of his things that were still in the problem. I let him in. He spent the next hour telling me I owe him money (I'm holding up my end of the court order...I pay him his monthly settlement payment) I finally got really frustrated with him telling me he won't leave until I give him more I told him to go get a job and make his own money. Then he called me a worthless fucking cunt, worthless whore, worthless fucking bitch, nothing but a fucking whore, and everything else in the book that could possibly be degrading. He was yelling so loud my little 3 year old kiddo was screaming-terrified. This went on for three hours. Other than telling him to get a job...the only thing I did was asked him to quit yelling, be respectful while in my house and quietly get the things he needs. And if he can not do that, then he needs to leave, send somone else to get his stuff or come back when he's calm. His rage only got worse, so when he walked out of the house with a couple of things, I locked the door and told him to leave. (Halfway through this, I grabbed my voice recorder and recorded what he was doing). So, he pounded my door, left several dents in it, so its pretty much ruined. Grabbed a sledge hammer to break the window in the door, so at that point I let him back in, cause I didn't want him to take the hammer to the door. Of course, his yelling carried on. Then he started throwing cast iron skillets. Thats when i saaid enough is enough, called the sheriff (I don't think he behavior was appropriate in front of my kiddo and I didn't want anyone getting hurt). He was very polite to the sheriff- told him I was just having problems becasue he was leaving, and I have mental issues, he didn;t do anything wrong and he was ust gonna hang around til a friend go there to help him move. I told the sheriff I recorded what he was saying, but the sheriff told me to call someone to be here with me until the ex left. I did. All I really wanted was the ex gone, but sheriff asked if i was ok, and since i wasn't about to leave my house and let my angry ex do whatever he wanted and take whatever he wanted of mine.. i said I'd be fine...sheriff left. Ex's friend never showed up. Ex took a bunch of my stuff (wierd things like my toilet paper and cigarettes and a case of beer and garbage bags...and some other valuables.) But can all be replaced. Just made me a bit angry. And when everyone was gone, he grabbed me and tried taking my clothes off. I fought that, said not a chance, and he says, why not, you're a nothing but a fuckin whore so I'm gonna get some too. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Afraid I was still recording it, he wisely let me go and left the house. Friend still hasn't shown up to get his crap out of here, I have no idea where he's at, but he made it a point to tell me that if I decide to allow another man in my house, he'll take my kiddo, because my kid doesn't "need to see his mother being a whore".

so, after all that, I'm scared, still can't sleep, have no idea when he's gonna come back to carry out his promises of making sure I'm gone for good, and I know if I call the sheriff, they won't do anything about it.

I don't know what to do... :-(

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • I'd get a good lawyer and take him back to court. In the mean time change the locks and get an alarm system so that if he does break in while you're sleeping the cops will be immediately notified. If you have any bruises go to the doctor so that they can document them. And finally I think you should go ahead and move. Sell the house if you own it and go somewhere that he doesn't know. If he has visitation then you drive to meet him. Don't tell him your new address, go unlisted and if you can put the lease in someone else's name.

    I'm sorry he's so abusive. He's only that way because not only is he not a real man but he's insecure.

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • OMG! Do you have someone to take care of your child for a few days and have a friend come and stay with you? Definetely change the locks and keep recording everything, call the police each time he comes by, get a restraining order on him immediately, then the police have to arrest him. I'm sorry you're going through this!

    Answer by Kathy675 at 2:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • You need to get a restraining order on him!!! You can, you have proof with your door, take pics of it, have them listen to the tape.....Get them locks changed and get a PPO on his dumb ass!!!

    Answer by KailesMommy at 3:15 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Get a restraining order and put your child on it too so he cant say he wants to see the child and try to attack you change your locks call the womens hotline google the number get a lawyer and maybe a gun. document EVERYTHING he does EVERYTHING i will be praying for you

    Answer by jazmya_mom at 3:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Your strong mama, stronger than you ever thought. i can promise you that, I know from experience!!

    Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 9:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • You need to get a PFA on this man. NOW. They ususally have a way to get emergency PFA's. Call the sheriff back and ask him how it is done in your area.


    Answer by layh41407 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Sorry to say my sister had a restraining order out on her crazy ass husband that didn't keep him away. But it may work for him, do like they say move if you have change the locks do what you gotta do.

    Answer by Unique11 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • <3 Stay at a friends too..along with all these other smart ladys advice.. they probably know more than me..

    Answer by spitfire06 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • First get a RESTRAINING ORDER and if he comes 10 feet of you he's gone to jail and if you want to have a man over you have the right to do so your not with him anymore.
    Change the locks on the doors and please get this order ASAP and when he's served with it he will finally get the pack his things and take them to his friends family or who ever.....Take pic's of all his things so he can't say you didn't give him everything and as far as seeing his son "Wait til court" order's it and i'm sure he won't fight you on this since he doesn't work anyway but don't break the order and if he disrespect's you on the phone hang up and if you have to change your phone number and if you see him anywhere close to your house call the Sheriff and he will be arrested...don't feel sorry for him being in jail, he put his ownself there if he violates the order. Good luck and if u need to chat email me...

    Answer by dusty1962 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Sorry to say my sister had a restraining order out on her crazy ass husband that didn't keep him away. But it may work for him, do like they say move if you have change the locks do what you gotta do.
    She needs to call the police when he violates the order. Then the cops will arrest him and he will spend some time in jail. If he gets out and he violates it again, he gets more time.

    Answer by layh41407 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.