DEPO PROVERA

ugh...got the shot friday and i have been feeling bad ever since!!!!! ANYINE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?! I don't think I'll be getting another one which suxxx cuz I really need BC can't handle another child NO TIME SOON! Any other recomendations ladies?

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 3:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• What are you looking for in a birth control? Have you thought about an IUD, or maybe NorPlant? There's NuvaRing and the patch as well. I HATED Depo Provera. I gained 45 lbs in 9 months on Depo, I felt like crap, I was starving, crabby.... I don't recommend it. I'm sorry you feel like crap, mama! Hopefully in 3 months you can try something else. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• YESSSS....this is not working for me at all most def need to find something else! just hoping im not gonna b miserable for the next 3 months ughhh
    MiMiBreezy

Comment by MiMiBreezy (original poster) at 4:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Sorry to hear this. I got pregnant on Depo so I have nothing good to say about this bc. I tried seasonal and enjoyed it very much. Currently I am not on anything because of my heavy bleeding and fibroids. I wish u all the best with these bc. do some research online. P.S. I also had the 5 year implant and that worked well also. Good luck.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 4:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Sorry to hear about thay! You should try the Paragard IUD. It is hormone-free and lasts 10 years. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011