What would you do if your teenager said a kid keeps calling trying to sell him drugs?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 4:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Depends on the whole story. I wouldn't call the cops because that would label my kid as a "nark", and I wouldn't want her bullied. The easiest way for your teen to deal with it is to avoid the dealer and don't answer his calls.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I want to say that you should be very proud of your son for telling you about it because that shows that he wants to be responsible. I think he should tell his friend that he isn't interested in drugs whatsoever, and if he continues to harass him about them, then the friendship should be over. Peer pressure can be so hard to deal with, and kids nowadays can do some crazy things, but he has to do what is best for him. Congratulations for having a son who wants to do the right thing.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 5:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Report the selling kid to the police.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• let ur son/daughter threaten to report the kid if he won't stop calling.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i would report it anonymously to the police, give them the number. i'm sure he calls more than just your son trying to do this. or you answer the phone the next time the kid calls on his phone. act like you just heard it ringing and ask what it's all about.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• caller id... just dont answer when that boy calls.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• the whole story is that this kid is a punk and my son doesnt even like him and sometimes he thinks he calls just to be a jerk. I was a little worried about posting this question because i know some will say call the cops and like my son says if he was known as a snitch then it would cause alot of problems for him at school and i do understand that. I thought maybe i should be thankful my son did say something to me because he didn't have to. and i would know nothing about this, i should be glad he is making the right decisions and he is at that age where drugs will be offered to him but he needs to stay strong and keep saying no. We don't even know if the kid was serious or not but i know the kid and am friends with his Mom and i am torn if i should let it go or say something. because it seems my son would still be known then as a snitch and he is old enough to deal with this also.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 5:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Ask the teenager to report the matter to the police......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• honestly i would tell the mother......and if it cont. i would call the police and report him......even if the child isnt selling drugs he is bullying your son and thats grounds for harassment charges.....i would think your sons true friends would stand by him at school over this and if they dont then its time to look for a new school
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Report him to the police.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 20, 2011