I can't sleep or stay asleep.

for like a year now i have not been sleeping good at all. I have tried tylenol pm and i just don't know what to do anymore but then during the day i get so tired and i takr a nep sometimes. I just want to be able to sleep like a normal person. Like this morning i am up at 3 am and i know this is causing weight gain and i just do not know what to do about this.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 6:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• You can buy natural lavender essential oil at any health food store or online, probably at amazon.com
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have warm milk or chamomile tea in the middle of the night and it helps get me back to sleep.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Melatonin
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 9:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've been having that same problem as well. I've been up since around 3:30 and I can't go back to sleep. I know that I've going to sleep to early and my sleep in suffering because of it. I tried lavender oil last year for a short period of time and it seemed to work for my sleeping needs. I would put some on a cotton ball and sniff it and I would be knocked out after that. I'm going to buy some more because I can't deal with these sleepless nights anymore.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 6:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Lavender liquid? Where can i get that at?
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 6:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I am the same way. They put me on some zoloft because i was having anxiety attacks from lack of sleep but that just made the situation worse. I don't know what to tell ya because I am in the same boat. I do exercise regularly and that helps plus I do a bit of meditation
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2011