Why do some Cafemom users hide their profiles?

I've thought about keeping mine private, but I just decided to only let Cafemom users see it, as opposed to everyone. I can understand that some want to have their privacy and I'm not knocking it, I'm just curious.

cocobrown28

Asked by cocobrown28 at 7:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in About CafeMom

• i would think it was for safety reasons....alot of us post pics and info about our kids on our profiles and other than close friends/family we dont want people get that info.....i personaly do the same with my FB and MS accounts......i only have them to keep up with family and friends across the country and a few over sea's and dont want the info falling in to the wrong hands
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have my reasons. Some people are selective in who they want seeing things.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 7:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i think maybe they are more secretive or have more people they know on cafe mom. or they thing everyone just wants to pay attention to them... or maybe they are special and you can only see their stuff if u r friends?????? mine is public because i want to make friends on this sight and have close mommy relationships so i leave it open and welcome friend invites!
    MommyForLife22

Answer by MommyForLife22 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I keep all of my profiles private, especially when I have info about my children on them. You never know who's looking.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Because in this day & age, there are weirdos all over the internet. Not in anyway suggesting you're a weirdo, but that's the reason most people do it.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 8:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It is their choice.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have mine set to "Friends Only." I'm a private person and don't see the need for everyone and their sister to see my page. Plus, why should anyone other than friends be able to see my page...or even want to see my page? I also have my FB and MS pages private/friends only.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I like your answer. I also want to make friends, too.
    cocobrown28

Comment by cocobrown28 (original poster) at 7:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011