For those who chose NOT to vaccinate?

Just curious how do your children go to school? Or play sports?

I chose to vaccinat my children, just my personal choice. In TN where i live your kids have to have up to date vaccines before they can go to school or play sports. I enrolled my DD in pre school and she was only missing one shot and she had to have it before she could start pre K. So do you homeschool?

I'm not trying to start a debate i'm just curious. Thanks!

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Every state allows for exemption forms to be filed, but they don't make it common knowledge. There are 3 types, medical, religious and philosophical. Every state allows medical, many also allow religious, and a handful allow philosophical as well.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Back when I had my daughter this wasnt an issue, you just did it. Would I do it now? I honestly dont know. I'd do a lot of research first, if faced with this decision today.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 8:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think the exemption forms are only for certain states though. I know our state has to accept the religious exemption form. Also, there is a form the pedi can give you if your child has ever had a severe reaction to the shot...this happened to my friend's son and their pedi said he shouldn't have anymore vaccines. My child will be caught up with his vaccines before school but for now at daycare he is not b/c my pedi is splitting his up since he gets such high fevers for days after them. We just do one at a time so that the reaction isn't as severe.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've found that most of the people who claim religious exemption, are not religious at all. In fact, every single person I know who has chosen not to vaccinate uses the religious exemption. The same people who use this exemption would never set foot in a church.

SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 2:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I selective vax and what you do is use an exemption form...you can download the form from the internet
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I never even thought of NOT having my dd vaccinated. -Good question, I'll come back later and check the other answers.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 8:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have a friend that choose not to do this with her daughter and i have heard you have to sign a form.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Every state has some sort of exemption. We do not vaccinate anymore due to a reaction my dd had as a baby. We homeschool and my kids are involved in a variety of sports/activities.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• In the state of colorado there not allowed to deny children schooling because of vacanations its against some peoples religons..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 1:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• There is a process for exemptions in every state

Answer by rkoloms at 4:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2011