To sircumcice or not?

I wanted to hear your oppinion on that question...

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i will just for the fact that i know my son wil be clean and it wont be easy for him to get or give a bacterial infection .. my first son has it doen and if this one is a boy so will he
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• if he isn't circed he'll still be clean!!! It's yours and dads personal decision, just an FYI there are a ton of women on here who are against it , and they'll for sure let you know!!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We wont. We have decided that it should be his choice.  Also, we don't like the idea of unnecessary procedures or medicating a newborn during such a critical time. Which is why I didn't have an epidural. 

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I had my son circumsized b/c I felt that most boys these days do, his Dad did so when they go in the bathroom and pee together... I wanted them to look the same. LOL. I know but I didn't want him to be made fun of by the boys in the locker room and so on... It also helps with infection and just keeping himself clean.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I did it, but I'm keeping quiet about it! Grrr, why do Moms have to slam other Moms? ARG!

If you choose to do it and what support, contact me!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my oldest is because medicaid paid for it back then... my youngest boy is not because medicaid ruled it cosmetic.

I really have no preference on it... with my first I just did it because I thought that was the normal thing to do but with my other boy, 7 years later I learned it's not necessary.

I've also heard (not experienced, just heard) that when they are adults, their gf or wife will but happier with it not... ;o) don't really want to think about that with my 2 1/2 year old but... they even make condoms now that mimic what the foreskin does for sex...
    Anonymous

• When I give birth to my son, that is a question I was wondering myself. But I've decided that I was going to just because I would be worried about infections and whatever else could go wrong. But that is your choice and people should support you in an decision you make towards your son.
    Magen85

Answer by Magen85 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

really when was that ? my son is gonna be 5 in dec and i was 17 and on nedicade and they paid for it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• LOL the one abotu the sex when he's older... eww... I think it would look like an ant-eater, I think it's a big turn-off to have a grown man not circumsized! Just my opinion
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• iloveyall2008- it's been about 4 or 5 years now. some states may still pay for it though, that was NC that didn't pay for it in 2006, but they did in 1999 and they also did in 2000 (my friend has a 6 year old)
    Anonymous