Have you ever had someone that died come to you in a dream?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 8:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, my Grandmother. The day she died, she was very ill, I told her she had to come back and tell me she was okay. I had a dream a short time later - She was sitting in a chair in a yellow dress in her kitchen, a beam of sunlight was shining in through her window surrounding her. She told me she was 'okay' and 'it wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be'. I know she told me she loved me and then the image faded and I woke up. She has come to me other times in dreams since then, but this was the most meaningful dream to me.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 11:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes. I don't know how true this is, but I read a book by a psychic once that said sometimes that's how they contact us. Sometimes it even happens in the dreams we can't remember. My mom said it happens to her, and her father tells her things... most if the time he's correct.One morning I woke up and had a strong feeling that I was speaking with my Grandmother, I probably was.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes, many times. My dad & mom both will come to me in my dreams, although not always together. I feel a warm sense of comfort when that happens.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 8:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes, my great grandmother came to me once in a dream when I was young, about 8. We walked around in a meadow with lots of wildflowers holding hands and neither one of us said anything. We came to a clearing with a hole and she walked down earthen stairs that spiraled around the hole and into the ground. I watched her go and then I woke up. It was really strange because she died when I was really young (she had been dead for a few years when I had the dream) and I was never close to her, we only saw her on holidays a few times a year since we lived farther away.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have a couple of times but my DH does this all the time, and he will dream about stuff to do with living people and then within a day or to his dream will play out in real life. now that scares me , haha I told him not to be dreaming about me.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:03 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Many times! It is easier for them to visit you in your dreams since your subconcious is open at that time. I visit with my mother often, this way.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You had an encounter in your dream.. God allowed this so that you could let go. She knew that, God knew that and met you where you were at , at the time!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yes all the time the day my grandfather died he came to me in my dreams and told me what happened
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• This happened years ago to me, when my best friend died i was having an awful time dealing with it and i dreamt that we were in the church where her funeral was help and we were up by the alter and i was crying and she gave me a hug and told me that she loved me but she had to go. It was real i know and alot of people think i am weird and they don't believe in that sort fo thing and it did help me heal. Just wondering if it happens to alot of others. :)
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes, my dad.

Answer by older at 8:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2011