Would you have a problem with this?

My 7 yr old dd has supervised visits every other weekend with her father. ( and I use the term loosely) His mom supervises the visits. They go 4 hrs away when she has the visits. He does not spend time with her, visits are mostly for his mom. His mom lives in the same town as me but they go to his hotel for their visits.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 8:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Does your daughter enjoy visiting her grandma? I'm assuming the visits are court ordered. Are they coming to you to pick her up, or do you have to drive 4 hours to take her? As long as she enjoys the visits and they aren't putting you out too much I don't see a problem with it. I would be more worried if your daughter hated going, then I might see a problem.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Some grandparents have a funny sense of what it means to spend time with grandchildren. They like it to be special time. It's possible that's what she is trying to foster. If she's the one who has been deemed qualified to supervise the visits and does love her, in a way, I'd be relieved that the bulk of time is spent with her and not your daughter's father. Of course, it would still be annoying to see my daughter's father not take a real interest.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Depends on what the court said to do.
    I personally would want it to happen in grandmas house. Is this visit ALL weekend?

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i am suprised the court is allowing the leaving of GMA's house for these visits....but if all it says is she has to be present when he has her than theres nothing you can really do about where they go....and if your dd is enjoying the visits i would leave it alone
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• DD says grandma plays solitaire on the computer the whole time and they eat sandwiches made out of stuff (salami, mayo, cheese) kept in the car because they don't have a fridge in the room.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes, I would have a problem with this. Do what you can to change it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would have a problem with that.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• In these type of situations its best to do the best you can dealing with it becausein reality this is not about what you want its about whats best for your daughter and if it were her choice what would she choose? As long as she is not in some kind of danger. As far as grandma time you should keep in mind your daughter comes from her as well and just because her son is an idiot does not mean she should not have the chance to no her grandchild.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 1:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• No not really let him do whatever he wants on his visits as long as your child isn't in harms way...its his child too.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011