Swifter sweeper,duster

Has anyone ever used the swifter sweeper and does it work? Would you recommend it? I was thinking about buying one but i am not sure,i don't hear too much about them good or bad.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I got rid of mine because I was sick and tired of buying the refills. Over time, the expense builds up and you end up throwing the sheets away which creates more garbage. I went with a more expensive but excellent dry/wet mop combo that works more effectively anyhow.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My sweeper can use wet cloths or dry cloths. I used it for the dry cloths when we have finished hard wood all over the house, but here we haven't refinished the floors yet and any little snag shredds the cloths so I only use a broom and dustpan now. The wet cloths are good for a quick touch up, but that's about it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• they do work, but like the first poster said, they get expensive! so I stopped using mine also. I do use the swiffer dusters though. I did not like the swiffer wet jet mop thing because it made the floor look like it had some weird film on it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I used to use the Swiffer wet mop pads, but now I only use the duster pads & that's it. I wont use anything else but a steam mop on my floors now. I was skeptical watching the commercials about steam mops--until I tried one. I was literally appalled at how much dirt there actually was on my floors, that I thought were clean! The 1st time I used my steam mop it took a long time to do my Pergo floors, & that was because of all the dirt & gunk built up on them from the wet mop pads. I will NEVER again go back to using anything but a steam to clean my flooring. The microfiber mop heads cost $20 for 2 heads, but with proper care they last forever. My home even smells cleaner than when I used a bucket & mop or the swiffer wet mops. Best of all, is I know my floors are really getting clean. A gallon of distilled water is cheap & lasts a long time for the steam mops too. I bought the Shark @ walmart for $67 & it came with 2 mop heads.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We use a Swiffer, but I really want to invest in a steam mop. My brother in law has one and swears it's the best purchase he's ever made. We have all hardwood in our house except for the kitchen & bath which is tile.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I didn't like it and then I got a steamer
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2011