My kitchen drain is clogged, garbage disposal problem, and all my drains in the house now seem slow?

I plunged for almost an hour and can't clear my kitchen sink clog. There seems to be chopped up noodles in there? Well, it might be my imagination but now it seems like my upstairs tub is draining really, really slow. I had to empty my kitchen sink (double basin, both sides filled up) with cups. My FIL says my problem with the garbage disposal is that I use it (he WON'T let his wife use theirs, he says some people have to get all their pipes dug up b/c they use the garbage disposal). Any ideas? My DH is out of town and I'm doing this on my own. I have yet to try Drain-O and I'm almost ready to take the pipes apart to check that P trap thing!

mostlymaydays

Asked by mostlymaydays at 8:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Try Bleach and peroxide m go to the dollar store
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• have you tried draino?

are you on septic or sewer? if you're on septic you may need the main entrance to the septic tank cleaned out, it could have a clog at it causing the slow drains all over the house...we just had a handy man do that for us this morning.
    Anonymous

• we are city SEWER, not a septic tank system
    mostlymaydays

Answer by mostlymaydays at 9:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would try draino first. If that doesn't work for you, you may need to call out a plumber and have him snake your pipes.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I am going through the same thing right now, my kitchen sink is plugged up. I have tried snaking it, plunging it and using draino. I want to use sulfuric acid on it but hubby says it will destroy the PVC pipe under the sink, I can't afford a plumber until I get paid next week and I am tired of washing dishes in the bathroom sink. When I snaked it I pulled out little bits of leaves and paper (don't ask).
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well I had to break down and call the plumber last night, I found one that would bill me, but I got my sink back.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• try cup baking soda cup salt .pour boiling hot water down atter that see if that will work ???or try vinger
    tifywify

Answer by tifywify at 11:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Check the drain at the lowest point of the house...like a downstairs bathroom or sink. If those are slow the problem more than likely is not in the house.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2008