What kind of salon do you suggest?

I am currently deployed but have leave coming up soon I want to get my hair done to you suggest I got to a franchise salon or upper end salon thats is local... I don't have a stylist so I open to opinions. I plan on getting it died and cutt!

Sweetmami07

Asked by Sweetmami07 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I would not go to a chain salon!! They hire people right out of beauty school & will usually set you up with the newbie, unless you ask for someone much more experienced. Remember--"you get what you pay for" applies here too. My question is, will you be able to maintain your new hair color? If you'll be able to maintain the color; great, but nothing is worse than faded color or your roots showing. I'd opt for an eays to care for cut that's complimentary to the shape of your face. A good (high end) hair salon will have stylists who can help you choose an easy to care for style that will look good on you, & then actually be able to cut your hair into that style for you. And a good stylist will also tell you if you have the right type of hair for a paticular style as well. And thank you for what you're doing for our country! Be safe, God Bless, & take care of yourself.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• There are great hair stylists at each. No matter which way you go have a detailed discussion with the stylist and go over exactly what you want.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Treat yourself, if you could afford it, by all means to an upper end salon. After all, you deserve it!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• check local good salons with friends and family. One of them must have the right one...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• it isn't the chain vs high end that really matters, it's the stylists themselves. Look around, get input from friends and family and see how their hair is, and walk into salons and look around. If you like the stylists hair and the clients in the salons hair, chances are you are in a place that will value you and your hair and give you what you want. The best advertisement for a salon is it clients. So when you get home, look around at people. if you see someone with great hair, ask them where they get their hair done.
    We love new clients, and if you see something you like, all the better for us.
    Also, the better stylists normally don't have as many, if any walk ins, so shop around, and find a stylist that will make you an appointment. And just because you go into a salon, doesn't mean you'll get the best stylist, so this is why you really need to ask around.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• at a high end salon you may have 6 stylist working that day.. 2 may be amazing. 2 may be good, 2 may just be making it by because they are friendly and great at their social skills rather than their stylist skills. You want the entire package, so ask people who have hair that you find great, where they get their hair done and be sure to ask the stylists name, and go from there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• either , but why waste money , ask people around where they go.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2011