I have breast implants. if i nurse my baby what can i expect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have implants under the muscle, my sister has hers over the muscle. She BFed both of her kids for over a year, I'm at 9 months and still going strong.

You should be fine, there are LCs available if you have problems. I'd also recommend a BFing class.
    BFab11

Answer by BFab11 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It depends on the individual and what type of surgery you had. You should talk to your doctor.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I know your able to do it but i would talk to a nurse that specializes in breast feeding. I wish i was more help.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It depends, every one is different. I'd get in touch with an IBCLC and your local LLL before delivery for advice and support.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• your implants rest in a pocket separate from your milk ducts. you should have no problem nursing at all.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have breast implants also. I don't breastfeed. I think it depends on where your implants were placed. Over/under the muscle. I noticed a difference in the feel of my breast after my first child and after my second child. The nurse told me that there are lots of women with implants that do successfully breastfeed and there are some who aren't able too.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Most women with implants don't have any problems. Really good info at http://bfar.org/

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2011