What to do when 7 yr old and 11 yr old fight all the time?

11 yr old picks on 7 yr old and starts the fights most of the time.there both boys.what to do for discipline to get them to stop.

amyallboys

Asked by amyallboys at 9:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Give them chores they have to do together. They need to figure out how to get along and this usually helps.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• One idea....my niece has a kindness chart in her home. The kids have to do the things on the chart and they get points for doing them. After a week or so they get a day out to the park, go out for ice cream, have a special meal, go to a museum, etc. It has worked wonders for them.
    Also, I saw on Supernanny that she had the whole family play board games and do it with teams. Alternate the teams so the boys are team mates once in awhile. This will foster cooperation. Lastly, make sure they get enough one on one time with you and your SO. Plus praise when they do things right. This goes a long way to making them feel special and lessen tensions. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• separate them...

mine are 17 and 14 and STILL fight a lot if they are in the same room
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• make Cookies! Ask them to help you make some cookies or anything of the sort. Its a great bonding expirament! This is what me and my brother used to do. :)
    mannyperry

Answer by mannyperry at 11:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2011